If you own a manufacturing business, you understand the importance of custom manual cylindrical grinders. If any of these grinding machines malfunction, you may end up facing financial losses due to wasted production hours and missed deadlines. Maximum Advantage-Carolinas wants to stress the benefits of routine maintenance. Here’s a brief overview of how to maintain your custom manual cylindrical grinders.
The following checks on your custom manual cylindrical grinder should be performed on a daily basis.
- Check to see if hydraulic pressure and hydraulic fluids are at optimum levels.
- Check the lube level and replenish if required.
- Make sure the machines are clean and dry. If not, wipe properly.
- Make sure that the machine’s cooling system is working properly.
The following checks and fixes on your custom manual cylindrical grinder should be made every six months.
- Check and repair the cooling system if required.
- Change hydraulic fluid.
- Get new wipers if any of the old ones are damaged.
- Change for damaged suction filters and lines.
- Make sure the chuck and jaws are functioning properly.
The following checks and fixes on your custom manual cylindrical grinder should be performed annually.
- Inspect the chuck cylinder and replace if needed.
- Inspect the spindle for any radial and end play.
- Check tailstocks for any tapering.
- Check the X and Y axis gibs and adjust if required.
To learn more about the inspection and maintenance of custom manual cylindrical grinders and other precision grinding machines, contact Maximum Advantage-Carolinas.